Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Green Miracle

I used to wake up in the mornings to my radio. The station varied, but I think the one that made the best wake-up music was the indie rock station whose name I've now forgotten. I don't consider myself an indie person, but there's something to be said for a varied playlist, instead of the same 6 songs that you've already memorized. The downside of this is that so often you hear a song you really like, but you don't know its name. But hey, if you can manage to write down an unusual phrase, a quick Google search should take you right to a lyrics site, and your song quest can be fulfilled.

Now try that shit when you don't speak the language the song is in... at least, not well enough to understand more than 5% of the words. Sure, you'll catch a few, but those are bound to be very common phrases that won't help you identify the song.

I hear catchy Japanese songs all the time, but finally I captured the identity of one particularly sneaky one. Should I be ashamed that it's a boy band that sings it? Meh.

Enjoy Kiseki (translation: Miracle) by GReeeeN.

No comments: